(translation of the original French text prepared by Feprabel)
Processor: Honoré (hereinafter THE BROKER) whose details are indicated in the contact section of the website (hereinafter the Site).
The BROKER is committed to respecting the privacy of the persons he meets in the course of his activities.
By accepting this Policy, using the BROKER’s services, registering for a BROKER’s event or otherwise providing your Personal Data to the BROKER, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of the Policy and to the processing and transfers of Personal Data that will be carried out in accordance with the Policy.
The Personal Data that we collect in the course of our relationship is :
- Personal Information: name, address, e-mail, telephone numbers, gender, marital status, family information, date and place of birth, employer, job title and work experience, relationship with the insured, beneficiary or claimant.
- Identifying information: national identification number, identity card number, driving license number.
- Financial information: bank account number, income and other financial information.
- Information about the insured risk which may contain Personal Data and may include, only to the extent appropriate to the insured risk (1) medical data (current or past medical conditions, state of health, information about injuries or disabilities, relevant personal habits, medical history), (2) criminal record data, criminal convictions, including traffic violations
- Information on the Insurance Policy, on the quotes that individuals receive and on the policies they obtain.
- Information about previous claims that may include medical data, criminal record data, and other special categories of personal data.
- Information about current claims that may include medical data, criminal record data, and other special categories of personal data.
- Marketing data depending on the lawfulness of the processing in order to receive advertising from us and third parties.
We use this Personal Data for:
- Responding to your requests and communicate with you and others in connection with our business.
- To allow you to access the information we make available online to users of our services.
- Interacting with you via our site.
- Sending you a newsletter if you subscribe to it.
- Providing you with support and assistance with our services.
- Sending you important information regarding changes to our products and services, our terms and conditions and other administrative, technical or commercial information.
- Making decisions regarding the provision of services to you.
- Conducting market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
- Providing you with marketing information (including information about our products or other products and services offered by our selected third party partners) in accordance with the preferences you have expressed.
- Enabling you to actively participate in and manage our activities, including forums, discussions, seminars, meetings and other events. Some of these activities are subject to additional terms and conditions that may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data. We therefore suggest that you read them carefully.
- Resolving complaints and manage requests for access or correction of Data.
- Complying with applicable laws and regulatory requirements (including Laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, comply with legal process and respond to requests from governmental public authorities (including those outside the your country of residence).
The legal bases for processing are as follows:
- the consent of the data subject, who has the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time (without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing operation based on the consent given prior to such withdrawal);
- processing is necessary for the execution of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject ;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party ;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Should we be required to process Personal Data for purposes other than those set out in this article, we will provide you with information about this new purpose and any other necessary information before starting the new processing.
We do not use decision-making techniques based on automated processing that produce legal effects concerning the data subject or significantly affect him/her.
The BROKER may make Personal Data accessible to the following persons and entities:
- External third party service providers such as insurance companies, experts, computer systems service providers, support, hosting, printing service providers and other similar third party vendors and outsourced service providers who assist us in the performance of our activities.
- Government authorities and third parties involved in legal proceedings or pursuant to a legal obligation
- Other third parties with whom we may share Personal Data as part of an existing or proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, portfolio transfer or other transaction related to all or part of our business.
The BROKER does not transfer data outside the European Union.
The BROKER shall take appropriate technical and organizational measures that are in compliance with applicable Privacy and Data Protection Laws. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Data you may have with us may have been compromised), please notify us immediately.
When the BROKER provides Personal Data to a service provider, the service provider will be carefully selected and will be required to use appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
The BROKER takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data processed is reliable for its intended use, and as accurate and complete as necessary to achieve the purposes described in this Policy.
Customer Data is retained for 40 years after the end of each contract. For those who have accepted this Policy but have not subscribed to products, Personal Data will be destroyed 12 months after acceptance of this Policy.
You have the right to access, rectify, object to the use of, or request the deletion, restriction, or portability of your Personal Data on certain bases. Please contact us at the address found on our site by proving your identity by means of a copy of your identity card, with any queries or if you have any questions or concerns about the way we deal with your Personal Data. Please note that certain Personal Data may be exempted from the rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation, opposition or portability in accordance with the DPMR or Belgian Privacy Laws.
Our site automatically collects, like all sites, information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as :
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic and other information provided by you; and
- Global information
If you are dissatisfied with the way we treat your Personal Data and if you feel that contacting us will not resolve the problem, the applicable Privacy Laws recognize your right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
Questions, requests or complaints
Data Protection Officer
Feprabel – Avenue Albert Elisabeth 40 – 1200 Brussels – email@example.com